Team building and bonding activities
Adventure and play have a remarkable ability to break down barriers and nurture trust, and having the option to choose activities to suit every ability level is key. Whether your team is full of adrenaline junkies or those who prefer a more leisurely pace, we have something to suit all interests:
- Quad Biking: get ready for an hour of wild rides and pure thrills, navigating chicanes, crossing streams, and speeding through the woods. As your team maneuvers the challenging rugged terrains watch the camaraderie grow with each mud-splattering turn!
- Archery: always a team-building hit. Embrace your inner Robin Hood, and let those arrows fly. Who knew that trying to hit a target with a bow and arrow could be so fun and competitive? Medieval archers shot six arrows per minute, but you have one hour. Gather your merry band and aim!
- Aloft: swing into action on our treetop adventure. Navigate a kilometre of rope bridges, zip lines, cargo nets, and climbing walls suspended 30 feet above. It's the ultimate teamwork challenge, fostering encouragement and motivation. After conquering the course descend to earth on our vines (aka the longest zip wire).
- Back to School: yes, this is a nostalgia-filled adventure with a big onus on working together. Don your knee-high socks (if you will) and relive the golden days with egg and spoon races, three-legged and wheelbarrow races, bean bag throwing, beat the goalie, and sack races. It's the ultimate crowd-pleaser, where everyone gets to unleash their inner child and embrace the glory days.
- Spyquest: embark on a thrilling mission, where 007 meets the Da Vinci Code. Track down the stolen Hope Diamond and hunt down jewel thief Franco Rodriguez. Crack codes, solve mysteries, and enjoy augmented reality challenges.
The sense of accomplishment and pride from completing these activities will carry over into the workplace, helping teams adapt to new situations and problem-solve on the fly!
Team building activities for small groups
With our varied offering of activities, you can be confident that even with just a handful of participants, your team will have a fantastic experience, bringing them closer, and above all, having a blast.
Some of our most sought-after team-building activities are designed for smaller groups:
- Bubble Football: also known as zorb-ball, or zorb-football – call it what you will. It's all about laughs and goal-scoring dressed in a giant bubble. It's a physical game filled with laughter, and involves ‘bumping’ into your opponents but don’t worry, our referee will keep things rolling, and the vital score on track!
- Air Rifles: this challenge is all about that one perfect shot. A steady hand, calm mind, and a gentle squeeze of the trigger - bullseye! Whether you're a rookie or a pro, our skilled instructors will guide you from novice to marksman before you can say ‘reload’.
- 4x4 Off-Road Driving: it's what Land Rovers dream of! No smooth surfaces here – expect rutted tracks, deep streams, and crazy angles. Whether you’re strapped in as a passenger or in the driver’s seat, prepare for the ride of a lifetime.
- Mind Benders: the name says it all. This is a high-level mix of mental and physical challenges. Choose from six mind-boggling activities, from untangling in the spider's web to overcoming separation anxiety. It's not just fun; it's a fantastic team-building experience that hones your team's communication skills.
- EZ Raiders: say goodbye to Segways and hello to our EZ Raiders! These all-terrain electric vehicles are like riding an electric horse - zoom around, conquer hills, and take a mindful moment to soak up the breathtaking views. It’s great fun and so EZ!
Team building is more than just a corporate buzzword. For organisations big and small with staff onsite and remote workers, it encourages camaraderie and boosts motivation, that sounds like a great workplace to us.
Team building ideas and events
What makes Action Glen unique is our ability to seamlessly blend work and play. Our variety of activities combined with our stunning surroundings is perfect for switching gears between work mode to adventure mode. It's not all business here!
The day might start indoors with a leadership meeting or think-tank session, but instead of a traditional lunch break, head outside for a tasty barbecue, or a delicious picnic in the forest. Sometimes, just a change of scenery can be the catalyst for great ideas and improved team dynamics.
After a nutritious lunch in the great outdoors, the team-building adventures can commence. Or, maybe it’s a full day of fun planned - even better!
The incredible Perthshire landscape is the perfect playground to host a traditional Highland Games, be it on a grand scale, or mini-size. This is next-level team-building, with both individual and team challenges, bringing everyone together. Expect to see kilts twirling, cabers soaring and bagpipes serenading. The beauty of a Highland Games is that activities can be tailored to suit your business needs and your team’s ability levels. Win, win!
Similarly, Woodland Combat is a team-building favourite. Inspired by a '70s TV series, success hinges on keen observation, competitive spirit, quick thinking, sharp observation, and teamwork if the mission is to be achieved. This activity is a serious leverage of individual and group strengths, equally fun for large numbers and small teams. Warrior-style face paints are highly encouraged. We love a ‘game face’.
Whatever team-building activities you choose, rest assured after an exhilarating day in the great outdoors your team will benefit from a deeper sense of connection. Not only that but a refreshed and positive energy toward work.
They'll have stories to share, inside jokes, and memories of shared challenges and triumphs. Unleash your team’s potential at Action Glen.
Find out more and enquire about Team Building Events at Action Glen.